We moved an application from an 853 server to a 9.01 server and users reported that multiple attachments were being uploaded into the XPages attachment control.
It seems to be related to this bug in 9.01
LO82247: PARTIAL REFRESH OF A DIFFERENT PORTION OF AN XPAGE CAUSES THE CONTENT OF A FILE UPLOAD CONTROL TO DUPLICATE.
Which has been closed with no resolution to be fixed in a future release.
So I have had to
- Open a ticket here
- Identify the issue
- Remove partial refreshes which has a negative impact on uasability
- Test the “fix”
- Submit the change to source control
- Deploy the fix to the server
- Inform the users that a workaround has been put in place while IBM fix the bug
- Then in the future reverse steps 3,4,5,6,7
This is not a sustainable way to work.